As well as our bespoke services, we offer Direct Cremations which often suit families for reasons such as distance, finance or simply because they would like a simple, no fuss funeral. The deceased and their families receive the same level of professionalism and care as those that choose a more traditional service, the only difference is that there is no service, no music or flowers and no attendees. Unlike some direct cremation services, we do not transport the deceased for miles upcountry to a cheaper crematorium – instead we use Penmount Crematorium at Truro.
The funeral arranging and requirements are exactly the same as for an attended funeral:
- Collection of the deceased from their home, nursing home, hospice or hospital once the required paperwork is complete
- Care for the deceased in our Resting Place until the day of the cremation
- Meeting with the family to complete the necessary paperwork – this can be done by post
- The family / executor register the death of the deceased
- Booking the cremation, ordering the coffin, paying for the doctors’ medical certificates and processing all necessary paperwork
- Transport of the deceased to the crematorium
- Collection and delivery of the ashes (distances over 20 miles will incur an extra charge)
£1,780 inclusive of all basic costs* –
(cremation fees; doctors’ medical fees; coffin; collection, care and transport of the deceased; our professional fees)
*An additional cost is incurred in bariatric cases when a larger coffin and additional help is required.
Please feel free to call us on 01872 521172 if you have any queries about Direct Cremations.